Date:Jan. 14, 2022
To:Ontario Soccer; District Membership and Associate Members
CC:Ontario Soccer Board of Directors, Staff
From:Matt Ferreira, Manager, Coach Education, Player Development & Club Licensing
Subject:Canada Soccer Club Licensing - Applications Open
We are providing a further update on the Canada Soccer Club Licensing Program in Ontario.
As outline in Information Bulletin I2021-099, Canada Soccer has announced the mandate that all member clubs (inclusive of not-for-profit and for-profit organizations) must hold a minimum “Club Licence of Quality Soccer Provider” by 2023. This requirement has been reviewed and approved by Ontario Soccer’s Board of Directors and can now be found within the Operational Procedures.
The application window for the “Canada Soccer Club Licensing Program” will open on Friday, January 14, 2022 for applications at the level of Quality Soccer Provider (QSP) only via this portal.
To complete the initial application, Clubs will need to provide the following information:
- Club Information
- Contact Information for the President, Executive Lead, Technical Lead and Individual submitting the application
- A Letter of Intent which must:
- Be on official Club letterhead
- Outline the Club’s commitment to completing the process
- Outline the Club’s commitment to Long-Term Play Development, Safe Sport and Ontario Soccer’s Talented Player Pathway
Prior to applying, Clubs and their staff are asked to review the criteria and standards required of Quality Soccer Providers, which can be found online at www.ontariosoccer.net.
The timelines for the entire application and assessment process in 2022 is as follows:
- January 14 – February 11, 2022: Applications, including Letters of Intent & District Endorsement submitted via this portal
- February 11 – March 11, 2022: Ontario Soccer to review applications
- March 11 – April 22, 2022: Clubs submit documentation online through provided platform
- April 25 – July 15, 2022: Ontario Soccer to review documentation & generate Action Plans
- July 18 – August 19, 2022: Clubs update submission based on provided Action Plan
- August 22 – October 7, 2022: Ontario Soccer to review Action Plan adjustments
- October 11 – November 25, 2022: Ontario Soccer update Club’s on application status
- December 2022: Ontario Soccer and Canada Soccer announce successful Clubs
Please note: all information and documentation shall be submitted online.
To ensure the program is delivered to the highest standards possible, the number of organizations that will be assessed in 2022 will be limited to the first 100 club applications.
Clubs are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and should they not be successful in entering the assessment pool for 2022, that they prepare to apply in 2023 to initiate the process in line with Canada Soccer’s mandate.
Clubs that have applied ahead of 2023 will be considered in compliance with this mandate if not formally approved by the start of the 2023 Outdoor Season.
If you have any further questions about the process, please contact Matt Ferreira, Manager, Coach Education, Player Development & Club Licensing.
How do I stay connected to Ontario Soccer?
For further information please refer to the latest bulletins on the COVID-19 Updates page, which has all the latest information from Ontario Soccer, as well as resources for your members. Please consider placing a dedicated link to the COVID-19 Updates on the homepage on your website.
If you have not subscribed to our weekly e-Newsletter, Subscribe to INSIDE THE 18. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
View as PDF